Cous cous extra large - 8.8oz
This Italian cous cous is the perfect accompaniment to any meal!
Made with durum wheat semolina, this cous cous has extra large grains that let it be light, fluffy and full of flavor.
It's also a great source of fiber. Add to salads, stews, or mix with vegetables for a delicious side dish.
This Italian cous cous is quick and easy to prepare - just add boiling water and wait 9 minutes.
Perfect for busy weeknights or a relaxed weekend brunch. Try it today and let the subtle, nutty taste of Italian cous cous bring your meal to life.
Ingredients: durum wheat semolina, water
Cooking time: 9 minutes
Net Weight: 8.8oz
Suggestions: cous cous with raisins & almonds
- 2 cups cous cous
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a medium pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
2. Add the cous cous to the boiling broth, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot. Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and fluff the cous cous with a fork.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
5. Pour the oil mixture over the cous cous and stir to combine.
6. Add the raisins, almonds, and parsley and stir to combine.
7. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!