Trofie, Italian durum wheat semolina pasta - 17.6oz
Trofie is an Italian pasta traditionally made with Italian durum wheat semolina.
This type of pasta was born in the Liguria region of Italy, but is also very popular in other parts of the country.
Traditionally, the Trofie pasta is made with a small rolling pin and is twisted into a spiral shape.
The flavor of trofie is mild and slightly nutty, making it a great option for a variety of dishes.
It pairs especially well with pesto and other intensely flavored sauces.
The shape of the pasta also lends itself to being tossed in a light sauce, as the twists and turns of the trofie help the sauce to cling to the pasta.
Ingredients: Italian durum wheat semolina, water.
Cooking time: 14 minutes
For a simple and delicious trofie dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of trofie pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste Instructions:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the trofie pasta and cook for 14 minutes, or until al dente. 2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. 3. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the garlic and oil. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. 4. Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley and toss to combine. Serve immediately. This simple trofie dish is a delicious way to enjoy the nutty flavor of this Italian pasta. Enjoy with a glass of red wine for a perfect meal.